Discover Valentine’s Day gifting ideas to fit your budget this year without compromising on the quality!
Cheap Valentine’s Day Gifts
Worried about how much you’ll spend on Cupid’s celebration this year? Find out how to do Valentine’s Day on a budget – from quirky Valentine’s Day present ideas to delicious Valentine’s Day meal inspirations, don’t let the worries of the purse strings prevent you from enjoying the day with your partner.
Valentine’s Day Presents – Photo Gifts
Nothing says thoughtfulness like a photo gift – compiling a selection of your favourite photos and memories together is a great, low-cost way of showing your gratitude on Valentine’s Day.
- Collages – to take it one step further, why not get a canvas printed with all your favourite photos together? You could organise your photos by themes, such as holidays, pictures pre-children, the whole family or great memories with friends. Or, keep it simple and a pick only a couple of memorable pictures to commemorate your relationship with.
- Personalised cards – everybody loves to receive a personalised card. If it’s not photos of you both together, it could be hilarious pictures of your pets, babies or even just a personal joke! Showing you’ve put the effort in to find a card they’ll love this Valentine’s is a great a cost-effective way of gift giving.
- Scrapbooks – for those who have a little more time on their hands, why not take it to another level by creating a relationship scrapbook? Stick in tickets, photos, maps – anything you’ve kept that reminds you of a fond memory with your other half and put them together in a scrapbook. It costs little to nothing and may even be more greatly received than gifts worth hundreds!
Valentine’s Day Ideas
Even though this year will be very different for most and restrictions will be in place, sharing memories and experiences together without going too far or worrying about expensive gifts could be just what you need. Why not try out some of our Valentine's day ideas below.
- Picnic in the Garden – very much weather permitting but if the weather is good, why not set up your very own picnic in the garden, Fill up a basket with your favourite fresh food and drinks and find the perfect spot and simply enjoy the outdoors and each other’s company. Don't have a garden? Set it up in the living room and let your imagination guide you. As long as you have each other, right?
- Hike/walk around local hills – fancy getting some fresh air and exercise come Valentine’s Day? Have a romantic walk in your local park or walking spot. Embrace nature while spending some quality time together and you're getting those steps in too.
Valentine’s Meal Ideas – Romantic Meal In
Bring the sophistication and romance to the comfort of your own home with our delicious Valentine's ideas and amazing saving deals in-store.
- Starter – Choose from hot prawn skewers, easy to make in less than 10 minutes; or goats cheese and caramelised onion crostini, perfect as a sharing platter for you both to enjoy before the mains.
- Main – Is your other half a steak lover? Or perhaps they prefer something that’s come from the sea? Put on a spread of Salmon en Croute or steak with sweet potato wedges for your Valentine’s Day food this year.
- Dessert - Imagine melt in the middle chocolate pudding, rich and oozing in gooey chocolatey flavours! But maybe they prefer something a little fruitier? Choose between Chocolate Fondants and Panna Cotta with plum compote for your special day.
We Thought You Might Also Like
Find your local SPAR