Cheap Valentine’s Day Gifts
Worried about how much you’ll spend on Cupid’s celebration this year? Find out how to do Valentine’s Day on a budget – from quirky Valentine’s Day present ideas to delicious Valentine’s Day meal inspirations, don’t let the worries of the purse strings prevent you from enjoying the day with your partner.
Valentine’s Day Presents – Photo Gifts
Nothing says thoughtfulness like a photo gift – compiling a selection of your favourite photos and memories together is a great, low-cost way of showing your gratitude on Valentine’s Day.
- Collages – to take it one step further, why not get a canvas printed with all your favourite photos together? You could organise your photos by themes, such as holidays, pictures pre-children, the whole family or great memories with friends. Or, keep it simple and a pick only a couple of memorable pictures to commemorate your relationship with.
- Personalised cards – everybody loves to receive a personalised card. If it’s not photos of you both together, it could be hilarious pictures of your pets, babies or even just a personal joke! Showing you’ve put the effort in to find a card they’ll love this Valentine’s is a great a cost-effective way of gift giving.
- Scrapbooks – for those who have a little more time on their hands, why not take it to another level by creating a relationship scrapbook? Stick in tickets, photos, maps – anything you’ve kept that reminds you of a fond memory with your other half and put them together in a scrapbook. It costs little to nothing and may even be more greatly received than gifts worth hundreds!
Valentine’s Day Ideas – Day Trips
Why not take to the great outdoors instead of buying gifts this year? Sharing memories and experiences together can often be a better way to spend the day without the worry of buying expensive presents.
- Picnic in the park – very much weather permitting as February is never known to be the driest of months, but if the sun gods are looking down on you, take to your local park with hamper in hand. Fill up your basket with your favourite fresh food and drinks and find a spot on a park bench or underneath a tree, and simply enjoy nature and each other’s company.
- Hike/walk around local hills – fancy getting some fresh air and exercise come Valentine’s Day? Take to your local park with challenging walking routes to embark on with your partner. Embrace nature while spending some quality time together, and getting fit in the process, too!
- Camping – what better way to give yourself a romantic mini trip away than to camp underneath the stars? Again, make sure the weather isn’t too chilly before you pitch your tent, but spending time with your partner in the great outdoors is the perfect way to escape from the world for the night.
Valentine’s Meal Ideas – Romantic Meal In
Instead of paying the pricey fees associated with a Valentine’s Day menu when dining out, why not bring the sophistication and romance to the comfort of your own home?
- Starter – choose from hot prawn skewers, easy to make in less than 10 minutes; or goats cheese and caramelised onion crostini, perfect as a sharing platter for you both to enjoy before the mains.
- Main – is your other half a steak lover? Or perhaps they prefer something that’s come from the sea? Put on a spread of Salmon en Croute or steak with red wine butter for your Valentine’s Day food this year.
- Dessert - imagine melt in the middle chocolate pudding, rich and oozing in gooey chocolatey flavours! But maybe they prefer something a little fruitier? Choose between Chocolate Fondants and Pannacotta with plum compote for your special day.
Explore our full Valentine’s recipes for each course to inspire your Valentine’s food ideas for the 14th. And whether you’re heading out or dining in this year, make 2018’s Valentine’s Day one to remember with help from your local convenience store.
We Thought You Might Also Like