To help you get to know Jill, we asked her ten quick fire questions. Check out her answers below.
1. How would you introduce yourself?
My name is Jill and I am married to Ashley; Together we have a beautiful boy called Harry who was born in 2016 and a Jackhuahua called Hulk. We live in a picturesque part of the Northern Irish Countryside in Rose Cottage, which previously belonged to my Grandparents.
2. Tell us 5 facts about you:
- I have achieved my Gold Duke of Edinburgh award
- I have 2 degrees on in sociology and the other is in social work
- I once broke my arm from tripping over a fishing rod
- I have swam with dolphins
- I had 13 years full attendance at School
3. How long have you been a lifestyle blogger?
Since moving into Rose Cottage in 2016, I developed a real passion for interiors and searching out a real bargain. Sharing the house transformation on Instagram, encouraged others to follow our journey and lead to me to create the blog.
4. You have almost 19k followers, what’s it like knowing that many people watch your videos? Do you feel like Madonna?
I try not to think too much about who is following along. I just show up and chat as if I’m talking to my best mate!
5. What’s your favourite family meal to cook?
We are a big fan of family favourites over here, the kind of meals which take you back to eating at your Granny’s house. Hard to beat a Roast Beef Dinner with all the trimmings!
6. Top tip on keeping an organised home:
I am a massive fan of baskets! They are a great way of organising cupboards, drawers, shelves etc. I think if a space even looks tidy it always feels more organised.
7. Three things we could always find in your SPAR shopping basket:
- Multipack cans of coke
- Punnet of Strawberries
- Something handy for the dinner
8. We are celebrating serving in NI for 60 years, this year, what is your earliest memory of SPAR?
Nipping to our local SPAR store to get some sweeties for the weekend – my highlight of the week!
9. What’s your favourite memory of SPAR? Any funny or embarrassing stories?
Almost every time I go into my local SPAR, I see my same friend – honestly you would think we plan it. We recently started buying each other a take away coffee, whoever gets to the till first pays!
10. Finally, what are you most looking forward to as SPAR NI’s brand ambassador?
I could not be more delighted to have been asked to be SPAR NI’s brand ambassador and especially on their 60th year. As a massive fan of the brand already, it’s such a great fit for me and my family. I am really looking forward to sharing more of my store favourites and helping to celebrate the amazing milestone this year brings for SPAR!
Find your local SPAR