BP is taking steps, working with its partners and suppliers, to use its UK fuels business and network of retail sites to provide support to essential services in the UK during the current coronavirus pandemic.
BP will supply free fuel to the UK’s emergency services vehicles during the current crisis.
Through BP’s own fuel cards and an arrangement with fuel card provider Allstar – whose cards are also used widely throughout the UK’s emergency services – ambulance, fire and police service vehicles will be able to fill up without being charged for the cost of fuel at BP’s network of 1,200 retail sites nationally. This includes both BP-operated and dealer-operated sites and will include charging of electric vehicles through BP Chargemaster. This initiative is expected to be in place from 21 March.
Bernard Looney, BP chief executive said: “This crisis is affecting every part of society and all us of are trying to do what we can to help. It is vital that we support those on whom we all depend, as well as the most vulnerable in our communities. We have identified a way where we can use our resources and presence around the country to make a small contribution. We will continue to look for other opportunities, taking advice from the authorities, as the country’s response continues to evolve.”
Emergency service vehicles free fuel Terms and Conditions
• BP is offering free fuel for UK emergency service vehicles fuel card holders * T&Cs apply
• Offer available from Saturday 21 March 2020 to Thursday 30 April 2020 and may be extended at BP’s discretion.
• Offer only available to UK National Health Service (NHS) emergency ambulance services, NHS trust non-emergency vehicles as well as local police and fire authorities who use either a BP Plus or Allstar fuel card to purchase fuel under the Crown Commercial Services framework.
• Offer valid across all participating BP fuel stations.
• Drivers should present their BP Fuel card or Allstar card in the usual way and the site teams will process the transaction in the usual way.
• BP reserves the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time due to reasons beyond its control.
• For further details please visit www.bp.com/uk