BBQ Pork Ribs with BBQ Beans
Serves: 4 people
This family favourite has been developed with award winning local butcher K&G McAtamney using Northern Irish Pork. Oven ready, all the prep has been done, so you can sit back and relax.
What you'll need
- 500g SPAR enjoy local Pork Ribs
- 2 rashers smoked streaky bacon chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place ribs in a roasting tray and cover with foil. Roast for 50-60 minutes turning occasionally.
2. In a frying pan, heat the cooking oil and add the bacon, cooking until crisp and golden.
3. Add the chopped onion and crushed clove of garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Add the red wine vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard Worcestershire sauce and chopped tomatoes and leave to simmer for half an hour.
5. Add the Cannellini beans and simmer for 5 minutes and check seasoning.
6. To enhance that smoky BBQ flavour, finish the SPAR enjoy local BBQ ribs on the BBQ for 2 minutes either side.