SPAR Easy Meals
A hearty homemade chicken and vegetable soups and stock recipes that make the most of leftover roast chicken.
What you'll need
- 4 chicken breasts or thighs/legs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 fresh tomatoes chopped
- 3 carrots
- 1 handful parsley
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 chicken stock cubes
- Salt & pepper
- Use a large pot or slow cooker to combine all the ingredients together, cover with water
- Cook on a low to medium heat for 1-2hours until chicken is tender.
- Removed chicken, discard bones and add meat back into soup.
- Add chicken stock cube mixed with 100ml boiling water into micture and simmer for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Blend soup if a liquid not thick consistency is preffered
- Add Salt & Pepper to taste