Crispy Bacon and Egg Brunch Salad
Cook Time: 15 mins
A light and tasty way to kick start your day.
What you'll need
4 tbsp olive oil
4 rashers bacon
2 slices brown bread
12 cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
bag mixed leaves
- Place 4 eggs in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Drain and rinse in cold water, peel and halve. Heat a tbsp. olive oil in a large frying pan and cook 4 rashers bacon for around 4 minutes, turning until crispy.
- Set aside on some kitchen paper.
- Add another tbsp. olive oil to the pan, reheat and cook 150g sliced mushrooms with 2 slices of brown bread, cut in cubes for 5-7 minutes until golden.
- Combine 2 tbsp olive oil with 2 tsp white wine vinegar.
- Arrange 150g mixed leaves in 4 bowls.
- Top with 2 peeled and chopped avocadoes, 12 halved cherry tomatoes, scatter over the mushrooms and crispy bread.
- Drizzle over the dressing and top with crumbled or snipped bacon.