Goats Cheese and Caramelised Onion crostini
Cook Time: 25 mins
A great sharing platter as a starter for 2 or serve it as nibbles with friends.
What you'll need
2 medium red onions
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
4 slices baguette
80g goats cheese
olive oil to drizzle
handful rocket leaves
6 cherry tomatoes
- Peel and thinly slice 2 medium red onions.
- Heat a tbsp. olive oil in a lidded pan, add the onions, fry for a minute, cover and cook until soft for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue cooking for 10 more minutes until completely soft.
- Stir in 1 tsp sugar and 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, cook for a minute.
- Top 6 slices baguette with the onion, add 80g sliced goats cheese and place under a preheated grill for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil, serve with a handful rocket leaves and some halved cherry tomatoes.