Salmon en Croute
Cook Time: 20 mins
Salmon en Croute is simple to make and looks impressive.
What you'll need
300g ready made puff pastry
2 150g pieces salmon fillet
125g cream cheese
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp mixed chopped herbs eg tarragon, parsley, chives
3 tbsp mayonnaise
new potatoes and peas to serve
- Combine 125g cream cheese, 1 crushed garlic clove with 2 tbsp chopped mixed herbs eg tarragon, parsley, chives and some pepper.
- Roll out 2 x 150g pieces puff pastry to rectangles.
- Place a 150g fillet skinless salmon in the middle of the pastry, top with half the cheese mixture, pull up the sides to make a parcel and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Repeat with the other piece.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Combine 3 tbsp mayonnaise with finely grated zest from half a lemon and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Serve with boiled new potatoes, peas and a lemon wedge each.