- 4 red apples cored and cut into wedges
- Juice of half a lemon
- 300g light soft brown sugar
- 200 ml double cream
- 120 butter
- Pinch of salt
SPAR Easy Meals
Cook Time: 7 mins
What you'll need
- Toss the apple wedges with the lemon juice and arrange on a serving plate.
- Put the sugar, cream, butter and salt into a medium saucepan and whisk over a medium heat for a couple of minutes so that the butter melts and the sugar dissolves .
- Continue to whisk for about another five minutes until the mixture thickens and is smooth and glossy.
- Transfer the caramel dip to a serving bowl and allow to cool slightly before serving with the apple wedges.
- If you have any leftover caramel dip , keep it in the fridge and serve with ice cream.