Cook Time: 50 mins
Jazz up chicken breasts in this fruity, sweetly spiced sauce with pomegranate seeds, toasted almonds and tagine paste
What you'll need
1 tbsp olive oil
4 skinless chicken thighs
1 red or yellow pepper
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground cumin
400g can chopped tomatoes
50g ready to eat dried apricots
150ml chicken stock
90g dried cous cous
50g pomegranate seeds
- Heat a tbsp. olive in a large pan and brown 4 seasoned skinless chicken thighs.
- Remove from the pan.
- Chop 1 onion, chop and deseed 1 red or yellow pepper and pan fry for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2tsp each cinnamon and ground cumin and 1 tsp ground coriander and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in a 400g can chopped tomatoes, 150ml chicken stock, 50g roughly chopped ready to eat dried apricots and return the chicken, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Soak the cous cous in 100ml boiling water, cover with cling and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the cous cous season with salt and pepper and stir in 50g pomegranate seeds.
- Serve with the tagine.