SPAR Easy Meals
Cook Time: 5 mins
What you'll need
- 6 light coloured apples
- 6 sturdy twigs, scrubbed clean
- 200g white chocolate
- 1 or 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 100g desiccated coconut
- Remove the stems from the apples and skewer each one with a twig, blot any juice with a piece of kitchen roll.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and put into a heatproof bowl, place this over a pan of simmering water and stir until it melts, stir in a teaspoon of the oil so that the chocolate is very smooth and flowing.
- Have a bowl with the coconut at hand and a baking sheet or flat plate on which to to place the coated apples.
- Keeping the chocolate warm and working quickly dip an apple into it turning until well covered , allow the excess to drip off then toss spoonfuls of the coconut over the chocolate till covered.
- Scoop up the fallen coconut back into the bowl and repeat with the remaining apples.
- Don't try to roll the chocolate apples in the coconut as it will drag the chocolate off and if the chocolate thickens up too much, add another teaspoon of oil and whisk over the heat until smooth and flowing again.
- Chill the apples for a couple of hours or overnight to firm up the coating before serving.