SPAR Easy Meals
Cook Time: 25 mins
A great seasonal version of bread and butter pudding.
What you'll need
- 4 hot cross buns
- 60g butter
- 2 eggs
- 500ml milk
- finely grated zest 1 orange
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- cream to serve
- Split 4 hot cross buns, reserving a little butter, use 60g to butter the buns, sandwich together and cut into quarters.
- Butter a shallow ovenproof dish and arrange the buns.
- Beat together 2 eggs, 500ml milk and the finely grated zest 1 orange and pour over the buns.
- Soak for at least 30 mins. Sprinkle ½ tsp mixed spice and 2 tbsp demerara sugar over the top and bake in a preheated oven at 170C for around 25 mins or until set.
- Serve hot with extra cream if liked.