SPAR Easy Meals
Cook Time: 45 mins
Whizz this delicious cake up in no time in the food processor.
What you'll need
- 200g softened butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g self raising flour
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon curd
- Place 200g each softened butter, caster sugar and self raising flour, with 11/2 tsp baking powder and 4 eggs in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Finely grate the rind from 1 lemon and mix in.
- Spoon into a lined 450g loaf tin and bake at 180C for 45 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Combine the juice of the lemon with 2 tbsp demerara sugar and spoon over the top of the cake whilst hot.
- Leave in the tin to cool.
- Split the cake lengthways and spread with 3 tbsp lemon curd.
- Replace the top and serve in slices.