SPAR Easy Meals
Cook Time: 1 hour 0 mins
Pretty pink meringues are delicious sandwiched with raspberry jam and some whipped cream.
What you'll need
- 1 egg white
- 60g caster sugar
- pink food colouring
- 100ml double cream
- 1tbsp raspberry jam
- Using an electric whisk, beat 1 egg white until stiff.
- Gradually whisk in 60g caster sugar, 1 tbsp at a time until the mixture is really glossy.
- Add a drop or 2 of pink food colouring and fold in until just swirled.
- Pipe or spoon 12-16 small meringues onto a lined baking tray, bake at 110C for 1 hour.
- Leave on the tray to cool.
- Whip the cream until it just holds soft peaks, fold in the jam and use to sandwich the meringues together.