- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and ginger. This can also be mixed together by using a food processor.
- Next, add in the butter, sugar and cream together until the mixture is fluffy.
- Place the beaten egg and the golden syrup into the mixing bowl or food processor, stirring until the mixture has come together. Then wrap the mixture in cling film and place in the fridge to cool for 10-15 mins.
- Whilst you’re waiting for your mixture to cool, pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Next, remove your mixture from the fridge and roll it out onto a floured surface. Using gingerbread men pastry cutters, cut out your shapes and place onto the baking tray. (If you have other cutters, branch out and make spooky bats, cats and tombstones as well! The possibilities are endless...)
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the gingerbread men are golden brown.
- Once baked, leave to stand on the cooling rack for 10 mins. When they are cool, you can begin decorating your gingerbread men into spooky skeletons. Pipe white icing to make the skull and bones for a scary snack.
- Leave icing and cake decorations to set for another 10 mins. Then, your skeletons are ready to serve - if you dare!
Serve up as part of a Halloween party spread or leave as a spooky treat on your friends doorstep. Find everything you need for your Halloween skeleton recipe from your nearest convenience store today.
Sign up to our E-Newsletter for more seasonal recipes, guides, and regular SPAR updates.