- 12 blanched almonds split lengthways
- Red and green food colouring
- 225 g strong plain flour
- 3g fast action dried yeast (about half a sachet)
- Large pinch of salt
- 125 -135ml warm water
- Oil for brushing
SPAR Easy Meals
Cook Time: 20 mins
What you'll need
- Place all the almond halves onto a flat surface like a chopping board and paint the curved sides with the food colouring, set aside.
- Mix the flour yeast and salt in a large bowl and add most of the warm water to form a dough, add the remainder if it's a bit dry.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about ten minutes.
- Divide the dough into 24 and roll into small balls, then roll each of these into a thin sausage and place onto a large floured baking sheet.
- Place an almond half on the end of each finger and press it well in, with a small sharp knife make a shallow slash just below the nail and then make another three small slashes at the middle to look like a knuckle.
- Oil a piece of cling film and cover the fingers with it, allow to rise for 30 minutes, then remove the film and bake at 200c for approximately 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool and serve.