The dreamy vibe of these tassels makes a playful addition to your bedroom or living room. Inspired by the carefree and natural elements of boho design, this crafty DIY project should bring feelings of calm and joy.
You will need:
• Wood dowel (1.3cm diameter, 61cm in length)
• 9 large wood beads and 9 small wood beads
• Hardcover notebook
• A ball of yarn
• Super glue
For the tassels
1. Cut a piece of yarn and hold it against the spine of your notebook. This will form the foundation of the tassel. Follow up by wrapping the yarn over this piece 30 times and cut off the excess.
2. Take the first piece of yarn from the spine of the notebook and double knot it around the wrapped yarn
3. Cut the yarn down the side of the notebook
4. Place the tassel on a piece of yarn, then double knot it to form the tassel head. Make the tassel look neater by cutting off any scraggly pieces at the bottom
For the full assembly
1. Tie each end of the dowel with a piece of yarn. This will become the part that will be hung against the wall
2. Next, divide the dowel into nine sections, then tie on a piece of yarn to hang down at each point and double knot it to secure.
To keep the double knot in place, reinforce it with a dab of super
3. Slide 1 large wood bead on then thread the yarn around the bead to keep it in place. Then slide one small bead on the yarn then tie a triple knot underneath it to keep it in place
4. Attach a tassel by tying it to the end of the yarn and through the top loop of the tassel. Proceed to double knot it before cutting off the excess yarn. Repeat this step with the other tassels
5. Tie an extra piece of yarn around the bottom of the head of the tassel and the yarn it’s hanging from to keep everything in place
6. If you have extra tassels try adding a second tassel in between the bead and tassel hanging in the three middle hanging sections
Find your local SPAR