Steak with Red Wine Butter
Cook Time: 20 mins
A quick and special way to enjoy the ultimate steak
What you'll need
150ml red wine
50ml chicken or vegetable stock
2 rump steaks
1 tbsp vegetable oil
buttered new potatoes and salad to serve
- Melt 15g butter in a small pan and cook 2 finely chopped shallots, gently for 10 minutes until really soft.
- Add 150ml red wine, let it bubble up then stir in 50ml chicken or vegetable stock.
- Cook until the liquid is reduced to half.
- Set aside to cool then mix into 50g butter, cover and chill until required.
- Heat a heavy based frying or griddle pan until hot and cook 2 rump steaks, rubbed with a tbsp. vegetable oil and seasoned with salt and pepper for 2 minutes each side for rare, 3 minutes for medium and 4 for well done.
- Remove from the pan to rest and keep warm for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a blob of the red wine butter on top, buttered new potatoes and salad.