SPAR Easy Meals
Cook Time: 30 mins
What you'll need
- 100g Butter
- 100g Plain Flour
- 200g Smoked Streaky Bacon
- 300g Diced Potato
- 40g Diced Garlic
- 40g Diced Celery
- 200ml White Wine
- 200ml Whole Milk
- 100ml Double Cream
- 40g Chicken Bouillon or 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 390ml Water
- 300g Mixed Fish (we use Smoked Coley, Coley and Salmon)
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- A pinch of Ground White Pepper
- Melt the butter in a heavy based pan, add the bacon and allow it to caramelise slightly, once caramelised add all the vegetables and season with pepper, cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the flour and keep stirring until the mix comes away from the sides. Approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Slowly add all the liquids making sure it is all incorporated and doesn’t split.
- Simmer for 20 mins until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the seafood mix and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Squeeze over fresh lemon juice and get some crusty bread for dipping.