SPAR Easy Meals
Cook Time: 45 mins
What you'll need
- 125g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 100g caster sugar
- 175g self-raising flour
- 2 very ripe medium bananas (about 300g in total), peeled
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to gas 3, 170°C, fan 150°C. Lightly grease a 900g (2lb) loaf tin with butter.
- Melt the butter and sugar together in a small saucepan, stirring continuously until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the mixture into a large bowl; leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour onto a large plate & use a fork to mash the bananas well.
- Beat the eggs, one at a time, into the butter mixture, then fold in the mashed bananas. Stir in the vanilla extract & add the flour gradually.
- Scrape the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes, until lightly golden and well-risen.