Iced Easter Biscuits
An Easter treat
At a Glance
Tasty Easter treats, that are fun for all the family
What you'll need:
- 125g butter or margarine
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 225g flour
- finely grated zest 1 orange
- 250g royal icing sugar
- food colouring and flower sugars to decorate
- Beat together 125g butter or margarine with 150g caster sugar.
- Beat in 2 egg yolks until smooth and sift over 225g plain flour and mix in with the finely grated zest of 1 orange.
- Roll out to half cm thick and cut out egg shapes.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet for 10-15 minutes at 180C until pale golden.
- Cool on the sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix 250g royal icing sugar with a couple of tsp of water until stiff.
- Divide into 3 bowls and colour according to your choice.
- Spoon a third of each into separate piping bags with a fine nozzle and pipe a line round the edge of the biscuit, leave to set.
- Slacken the icing slightly with more water and spoon onto the biscuit to ‘flood’ inside the piped line.
- Set in a preheated oven at 50C for around 30 mins.
- Pipe decorations of your choice.
- Set again in the oven for 30 minutes until hard.