Start in style!
At a Glance
What you'll need:
- 454g pack of pork sausage meat
- 1 apple, grated and excess water removed 30g dried cranberries, finely chopped 30g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 6 rectangular or 8 square filo pastry sheets 50g SPAR enjoy local butter, melted
For the Dip
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- A small pinch of chilli flakes
1. Place the sausage meat into a bowl with grated apple, cranberries, apricots and mix well. Divide the mixture into 24 balls and refrigerate for 10 minutes
2. Lay a sheet of filo onto a clean dry surface and brush with butter, then lay a second sheet of filo on top. Cut the pastry sheet in half and then cut each half into quarters making 8 small squares of pastry
3. Set a ball of sausage filling in the centre of each small square, brush the surrounding pastry with butter and lift the corners towards the centre. Pinch together to form money bags
4. Set the moneybags on to a non-stick baking tray and pop in the fridge to rest for 5-10 minutes. Then, bake for 15 minutes until golden and crisp.
5. To make the dip, mix the ingredients together in a bowl
6. Arrange warm moneybags onto a serving plate with the dip
*Tips - Keep the pastry squares under a damp cloth as you work to keep them from drying out. Moneybags can be prepared up to a week in advance and frozen, then baked fresh before serving.