Pea and Ham Soup
At a Glance
A meaty and vibrant soup that's great for using up ham leftovers or as a comforting store cupboard soup.
What you'll need:
1 tbsp olive oil plus extra
1l ham or vegetable stock
400g frozen peas
200g torn cooked ham
spring onions to garnish
garlic and herb baguette to serve
- Heat a tbsp. olive oil in a large pan, add a finely chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in a medium peeled and diced potato with 1l ham or vegetable stock.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes until the potato is soft.
- Stir in 400g frozen peas, bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend, return to the pan, stir in 150g torn, cooked ham to warm through.
- Serve garnished with a sliced spring onion, another 50g torn, cooked ham and a drizzle of olive oil and garlic and herb baguette alongside.