Perfect for the morning!
At a Glance
What you'll need:
- 900g fresh ripe strawberries
- 600g granulated sugar
- 60ml fresh lemon juice
- Wash the strawberries in cold water, remove the stalks and chop into halves or quarters.
- Add the strawberries and sugar into a large bowl and leave at room temperature for two hours, then refrigerate overnight.
- In a saucepan, bring the strawberry and sugar mixture to a boil slowly, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and rapidly cook the strawberries for 25-45 minutes, until they reach a temperature of 105C
- Ladle the mixture into clean glass jars, leaving a 2cm gap from the top.
- Add the sealed jars in a hot water boiling bath for 10 minutes (this will increase the shelf life of your strawberry preserve)
- Once cooled, store in the fridge until ready to use. Your strawberry preserves should last for up to one year!