At a Glance
Looking for a healthy New Year recipe? Check out this delicious, healthy, vegan sweet potato soup recipe to rustle up a winter treat.
Looking for healthy vegan soup recipes to get your New Year off to an uber healthy start? Get some goodness from this seriously tasty vegan soup. Sweet potatoes are a great source of Vitamin A, and they contain all sorts of other beneficial stuff including manganese, potassium, fibre and Vitamin C.
How to Make Vegan Soup
Sweet potato and coconut go extremely well together, especially in a yummy soup. Combining sweet potato, coconut, peppers and spices forms one of the tastiest vegan soup recipes going – great as a winter warmer.
We love healthy recipe ideas, especially ones that are super easy to make. You can whip this soup together in about 20 minutes, meaning you can tuck into your comforting healthy vegan soup in no time. What are you waiting for? Let’s get cracking...
What you'll need:
- 1 onion
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 red peppers
- 1 can coconut milk
- Vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 in. slice ginger, grated
- Chop up the onions and fry them until soft and ever so slightly crispy in a frying pan.
- Chop up the sweet potatoes and red peppers and put them in the pot.
- Boil all vegetables on the hob.
- Add vegan-friendly vegetable stock and coconut milk.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- Cook on a low heat until soft.
- Blitz with a blender for a silky smooth texture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pop down to your nearest convenience store to get all the ingredients you need to make your healthy vegan soup, a perfect way to start the New Year. Discover 12 months of healthy eating inspiration for a whole year’s worth of healthy food ideas.