SPAR Easy Meals
Cook Time: 25 mins
A rich and flavoursome meal for the whole family to enjoy any night of the week.
What you'll need
- 4 enjoy local chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 40g butter
- 2 brown onions, coarsely grated or very finely chopped
- 4 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tbsp mango chutney or 2 tsp caster sugar
- 300ml hot chicken stock
- 100ml double cream
- Uncle Bens Rice
- Cut each chicken breast into small chunks and season generously with freshly ground black pepper. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the chicken over a medium-high heat for 5-6 mins, turning occasionally. Transfer the chicken to a plate using a slotted spoon or spatula and return the pan to the heat. Keep the chicken warm by covering in foil or placing in the oven on a low heat.
- Add the remaining oil, butter and onions to the pan and cook over a medium heat, stirring often, for 10 mins, or until the onions are soft and lightly browned. Stir in the ginger and garlic paste and ground spices and cook, stirring continuously, for a further 1 min.
- Add the mango chutney and stock to the spiced onions and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 mins or until the liquid has reduced by roughly half, stirring regularly.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the onions, add the cream and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 mins, until the chicken is piping hot and cooked through.
- Serve with cooked rice.