Chicken Tagine and CousCous
Cook Time: 50 mins
Jazz up your dinner with this delicious meal- chicken breasts in fruity, sweetly spiced sauce with toasted almonds and tagine paste. Something different and so delicious.
What you'll need
1 tbsp olive oil
4 skinless chicken thighs
1 red or yellow pepper
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground cumin
400g can chopped tomatoes
50g ready to eat dried apricots
150ml chicken stock
90g dried couscous
- Heat a tbsp. olive in a large pan and brown 4 seasoned skinless chicken thighs.
- Remove from the pan.
- Chop 1 onion, chop and deseed 1 red or yellow pepper and pan fry for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2tsp each cinnamon and ground cumin and 1 tsp ground coriander and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in a 400g can chopped tomatoes, 150ml chicken stock, 50g roughly chopped ready to eat dried apricots and return the chicken, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Soak the couscous in 100ml boiling water, cover with cling and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous season with salt and pepper and stir in 50g pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Serve with the tagine.