2 hours 0 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Try out our amazing cinnamon rolls recipe! Big, fluffy, soft and absolutely delicious. You'll impress the whole family with these!
What you'll need
For the dough
¾ cup warm milk (whole milk is preferred)
2 ¼ teaspoons of quick rise active yeast
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk at room temperature
¼ cup of unsalted butter melted
3 cups of bread flour, plus some more dusting
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp oil (oiling bowl for proving)
For the filling
-2/3 cup dark brown sugar (light brown sugar also works)
1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
For the cream cheese frosting
4 oz cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup icing sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
-Pre-heat the oven to 180c/fan 160C/Gas4
-Grease a 20cm loose bottom cake tin and line the bottom with baking parchment
-Warm milk in the microwave for around 40-45 seconds, until lukewarm and then place into a bowl and then add your yeast
-On top, add in your sugar, egg, egg yolk, and melted butter and mix until well combined
-Once well mixed, stir in the flour and salt until a dough begins to form
- Place your dough onto a floured surface and use your hands to knead the dough for around 8-10 mins. Your dough should have formed a nice round ball.
- Transfer your dough ball into a well-oiled bowl.
- Cover with cling film and a warm towel
- Leave the dough to rise for around 1-1 ½ hours until the dough has doubled in size
- Once the dough has risen, roll the dough out into about a roughly 14x9 inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter over the dough, leaving a small margin at the far side of the dough.
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon and then gently rub into prepared rectangle
- Roll the dough up lengthways like a swiss roll to form a log type shape. You may need to cut off the ends of the dough as they wont be filled with delicious cinnamon sugar!
- Cut the dough into 9 even rolls
- Place cinnamon rolls into your prepared tin, cover with cling film and let them sit to rise for another 30 mins.
- Remove cling film and bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden on the edges. Allow to cool for 5 mins until removing from the tin.
- In a bowl place the cream cheese, butter icing sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and smother over the buns. Enjoy!