Easy Gravy Recipe
SPAR Easy Meals
Cook Time: 20 mins
Your roast dinner isn’t complete without the perfect homemade gravy recipe – so why compromise? Smother your plate in a generous serving of our delicious easy gravy.
- Remove your meat from the roasting tin and place on a plate to rest.
- Drain the fat from the tin, leaving about 1-2 tablespoons of juices.
- Add 1 heaped tablespoon of plain flour to the meat drippings and mix well with a wooden spoon. Top tip: Break up all the bits at the bottom of the tin into the mixture to make your homemade gravy extra tasty.
- Break 2 stock cubes into the mix and stir.
- Gradually add 2-3 ladles of hot water. You can use the boiled water from your veg or potatoes to add an extra depth of flavour. Mix well with a whisk to get rid of any lumps.
- Put the roasting tray on the hob on a gentle heat, whisking all the time. The mixture will begin to thicken, so add extra water until your easy gravy reaches a nice consistency. Then bring to a gentle simmer. Top tip: Added too much water and wondering how to thicken gravy quickly? Mix together a small amount of corn-starch with water until smooth and mix it into your homemade gravy – it’ll thicken up in no time!
- Add a few drops of gravy browning, especially if you’re serving up dark meat.