Wimbledon may be cancelled this year but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the British tradition of strawberries and cream! Crunchy meringue, sweet whipped cream and delicious strawberry sauce - nothing really says summer like Eton Mess so why not give this easy recipe a go at home.
Eton Mess Recipe
Nothing really says summer like Eton Mess so why not give this easy recipe a go at home!
What you'll need
450ml of double cream
Crushed shopped bought meringue
1 tbsp icing sugar
- Blitz 1/3 of the strawberries to make a strawberry sauce. Chop the rest into rough pieces and put into a separate bowl.
- In another large bowl whisk the cream with the icing sugar until it holds its shape
- Crush about ¾ of your shop bought meringues into rough pieces and then tip them into the bowl with the chopped strawberries and stir through.
- Gradually swirl through your prepared strawberry sauce
- Scoop out your mixture and dollop into bowls
- Top with remaining meringue pieces and sprinkle over the top and enjoy!