Fish Fingers & Chips
SPAR Easy Meals
Cook Time: 30 mins
Follow this easy recipe for a tasty twist on a fish classic and liven up your midweek meals.
What you'll need
- Bird’s Eye Oven Crispy Fish Fingers
Make your own;
- 100g (3 1/2oz) cornflakes
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 500g (1Ib) skinless, firm white fish fillets, such as hake or cod, sliced into chunky fingers
- 4 tsp cornflour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. For the chips, place them in a baking tray, spread evenly and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the cornflakes in a plastic sandwich bag and gently bash with a rolling pin to coarse crumbs. Tip into a bowl and stir through the paprika. Put the fish in a bowl and sift over the cornflour; toss to coat. Dip each fish finger in the beaten egg, shaking of the excess, then into the cornflakes, turning until completely coated.
- When the chips are nearly ready, push them to the side of the baking tray and add the fish. Bake for 8 minutes, or until cooked through and golden. Serve with the chips, and mashed carrots & parsnips or mushy peas.