- Start by preheating your oven to 180 degrees centigrade
- Dry roast your chicken thighs for approx. 30 minutes, ensure that the juices run clear
- Roughly tear and shred the meat from the thighs and leave to cool.
- Finely slice your cabbage.
- Finely slice your lettuce.
- Trim off both ends of your spring onion and finely slice.
- Peel and grate your carrots.
- Peel your satsumas or clementines, remove all the outer pith and segment.
- Add all of the above along with your cooled chicken into a large serving bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients listed above into a glass jar and shake until well blended.
- Pour over your salad and serve.
This is definitely one of the simpler, healthier gluten free chicken recipes. The perfect choice if you are looking for gluten free, sugar free and/or dairy free meals to serve up this summer – a limited diet doesn’t mean limited flavour!
All the ingredients to make this and other delicious gluten free meals, plus a range of free from snacks and alternatives are available at your nearest convenience store.
*Recipe adapted from Foodista, licensed under CC BY 3.0.