Lemon Drizzle Cake (1)
SPAR Easy Meals
Cook Time: 1 hour 0 mins
This classic lemon drizzle cake recipe is an all-time favourite and best enjoyed with a nice hot cuppa.
What you'll need
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 enjoy local eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 200g self-raising flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 150g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Grease and line a 1kg loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one, beating in well. Add the vanilla, and zest and juice of 1 lemon. Fold in the self-raising flour and almonds until well mixed.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 55-60 mins. Allow to cool in the tin for 15 mins, then remove and let cool completely.
- Mix the icing sugar with a little lemon juice to make a thick, pourable icing. Spoon over the cake and serve.