Cook Time: 40 mins
What you'll need
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 8 slices smoked bacon, diced
• 3 large The Greengrocer’s red onions, diced
• 8 SPAR enjoy local chicken thighs
• 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
• 2 The Greengrocer’s Braeburn apples peeled, cored and cut into 8
• 2 The Greengrocer’s sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm chunks
• 300g butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1cm chunks
• 500g The Greengrocer’s Brussels sprouts, halved
• 2 tbsp honey
• 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 150g pecan nuts, chopped
• 80g dried apricots, chopped,
• 100g SPAR feta cheese, chopped
• A handful of The Greengrocer’s fresh basil, torn
1. Heat the oven to 200°C / 180°C Fan/ Gas 6
2. In a large, oven proof pan, firstly fry the bacon in the oil on a medium heat until it begins to caramelise. Add the onion, and cook until soft. Transfer to a bowl for later
3. Season both sides of the chicken thighs well with cayenne pepper and salt. Place them skin side down in the same pan and fry until the skin is brown and crispy. Flip over and seal on the other side. Transfer to a bowl for later.
4. To the same pan, add the apples, sweet potato, squash, Brussels sprouts and the fried bacon and onion. Add the honey and balsamic vinegar and mix through. Place the chicken pieces back on top of the vegetables, transfer to the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the pecan nuts, apricots and feta cheese and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the sweet potato and squash are soft and the chicken is cooked.
6. Gently stir the basil through and serve.