One Pot Recipe - Chilli Con Carne
Cook Time: 40 mins
Looking to boost your protein? This chilli con carne recipe is sure to do that - and you only need one pot to cook it in!
What you'll need
- 2 tbsp Spar Olive Oil
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder (you choose how hot!)
- 1 400g tin Spar Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 400g tin red kidney beans, drained
- 1 400g tin black beans, drained
- Sour cream, to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large pan over a high heat and add your mince. Brown off and separate with a spoon. Remove from the pan and leave aside.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add the second tbsp of olive oil into the pan along with all your veggies and the garlic. Sweat off for 5 – 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the paprika, cumin and chilli powder and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the tomatoes to the pan and crumble in the beef stock cube. Add a splash of water and then turn down the heat and let cook down for 20 minutes. Make sure it doesn’t stick and add water if it looks a little dry.
- Stir through the beans to warm through for a few minutes and serve with fluffy rice and a dollop of sour cream!
Like our One Pot recipe for Chilli con Carne? Why not take a look at the below: