Cook Time: 25 mins
Everyone’s favourite sharing dish, so simple and so satisfactory. Master the art of pizza making and serve with any side dish you desire.
What you'll need
1 x onion
1 x garlic clove
1 x tbsp olive oil
400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
1 x tbsp tomato puree
300g strong white flour
1 tsp easy blend yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
To make the sauce:
- Peel and chop 1 onion and 1 garlic clove. Heat a tablespoon olive oil in a pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in 400g chopped tomatoes with herbs and leave to gently simmer for 10 minutes. If you like a smooth sauce blend with a stick blender.
To make the bases:
- Sift flour into a large mixing bowl, stir in the yeast and some salt and pepper. Add the oil and gradually stir in 200ml warm water (just warm enough for you fingers to feel warm), mix together to form a dough.
- Knead dough for around 3 minutes on a floured work top. Preheat the oven to 200C. Divide into 4 pieces and roll or hand stretch the dough to around 15 cm, place on lightly floured baking trays.
- Spread some of the sauce over the top and add your toppings of choice. Bake for 10 minutes until the base is golden and the toppings bubbling. If you have sauce left over freeze for next time.