Sausage Casserole Recipe
Serves: 4 people
Cook Time: 35 mins
Easy to follow recipe for sausage casserole. A classic winter warming favourite all the family can enjoy. Perfect made with some juicy SPAR sausages and served with creamy mashed potato and peas or steamed cabbage
What you'll need
- 1 tbsp oil
- 8 sausages
- 2 red onions
- 2 red peppers
- 300ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- mashed potato, peas or steamed cabbage to serve
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large lidded pan, add 8 sausages and 2 sliced red onions and cook over a medium for 10 minutes until brown.
- Add 2 sliced red peppers and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in 300ml hot beef stock, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the sausages are cooked through.
- Combine 1 tablespoon cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water, add to the pan and stir until thickened.
- Serve the casserole with mashed potato and peas or steamed cabbage.
Inspired to try your own Sausage Casserole recipe? Pop down to your nearest convenience store today to grab all the fresh ingredients you need.
SPAR French Malbec
This is a fruity Malbec from Southern France, with vibrant blackberry and cherry flavours and lifted black pepper aromas. It is a great match with Sausage casserole, or try it with roast beef.