Cover the 2 cups of dry quinoa with 4 cups of water in a medium saucepan, over high heat on the stove. Bring to a boil, then reduce the temperature and cover for 15 minutes, until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water. Fluff with a fork, and allow to cool while you chop the vegetables and herbs.
In the meantime, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, 1 teaspoon of sea salt and fresh black pepper in a large bowl. Add the cooked quinoa, and toss in the dressing to coat well.
Add in the scallions, dill, parsley, cucumber, red pepper, and olives, if using, and toss well to combine.
SPAR Easy Meals
Cook Time: 15 mins
A simple, healthy and vegetarian dish that is great for lunch or dinner.
What you'll need
- 2 cups dry quinoa , rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup minced scallions , white and green parts
- 1 cup fresh dill , chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- 1 large cucumber , chopped
- 1/2 red onion , chopped
- 1 large red pepper , chopped
- 10 olives, sliced (optional)
- fine sea salt
- fresh black pepper