Vegetarian Shepherds Pie
Cook Time: 30 mins
A healthy and delicious one dish wonder that is perfect for the whole family.
What you'll need
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 450g frozen Quorn mince(Optional)
- 4 tbsp milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pasta Sauce for Bolognese 500g
1. Cook the potatoes in gently simmering water for 20 minutes, until tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil a large saucepan and add the carrots, stir-frying over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the mushrooms and frozen Quorn mince (If desired) and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Tip in the jar of Pasta Sauce and heat until simmering. Lower the heat and cook gently for 8-10 minutes.
3. Preheat a medium high grill and warm a large rectangular baking dish in the grill compartment.
4. Drain and mash the potatoes, beat in the milk and season with black pepper. Spoon the mince mixture into the hot baking dish and top with the mashed potato. Grill for about 10 minutes until browned. Alternatively, bake in the centre of the oven, preheated to 190°C, fan oven 170°C, Gas Mark 5, for 35-40 minutes.